PREPARE/ENRICH Premarital Counseling
Bexar Family Solutions offers pre-marital counseling to meet the needs of couples preparing for marriage who want to start their committment understanding each other on a whole new level.
PREPARE/ENRICH is a program based on an assessment that examines major relationship issues a couple may experience. This program has decades of research supporting it, and is widely used in the US and many foreign countries.
Knowing your relationship strengths and challenges can help you create your best marriage.
How does this work?
After you and your partner complete an online assessment, the results are made available to the counselor, who will then meet with you for 4-6 feedback sessions.
What are the major goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program: There are six goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program. In order to achieve these goals there are also six corresponding couple exercises designed to help couples improve their relationship skills. The six goals are:
- To explore relationship strengths and growth areas
- To learn assertiveness and active listening skills
- To learn how to resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
- To help the couple discuss their family-of-origin
- To help the couple with financial planning and budgeting
- To focus on personal, couple and family goals
What relationship areas are assessed by the Inventories?
The following are the relationship areas assessed in each of the five Couple Inventories: