PREPARE/ENRICH Premarital Counseling
Bexar Family Solutions offers pre-marital counseling to meet the needs of couples preparing for marriage who want to start their commitment understanding each other on a whole new level.
PREPARE/ENRICH is a program based on an assessment that examines major relationship issues a couple may experience. This program has decades of research supporting it, and is widely used in the US and many foreign countries.
We participate in the Twogether in Texas program, which can save you up to $60 on your Texas marriage license fee and allows you to waive the 72-hour waiting period between obtaining your marriage license and your marraige ceremony. For details, see the Twogether in Texas website.
Knowing your relationship strengths and challenges can help you create your best marriage.
How does this work?
After you and your partner complete an online assessment, the results are made available to the counselor, who will then meet with you for 4-6 feedback sessions.
What are the major goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program: There are six goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program:
- To explore relationship strengths and growth areas
- To learn assertiveness and active listening skills
- To learn how to resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
- To help the couple discuss their family-of-origin
- To help the couple with financial planning and budgeting
- To focus on personal, couple and family goals
What relationship areas are assessed by the Inventories?
The following are the relationship areas assessed in the Couple Inventories: