Registration Instructions - Cooperative Parenting Program
NOTE: We have modified the registration process as we adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing requirements.
We have switched to a registration process that requires no in-person contact. To register for the Cooperative Parenting and Divorce course:
The short version:
- Download the registration form by clicking here.
- Open the form in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (available here)
- Fill out the form by following the instructions on the first page of the form
- Save the form to your device
- Email the form as directed in the form's instructions
- Complete all other steps listed in the form's instructions
- NOTE: Enrollment is not complete until you have submitted all forms and paid your enrollment fee. That must be completed by the enrollment deadline of 5 PM the day prior the class start date.
Other important information:
- Am I required to have a court order to attend? - No. Anyone who wants to can register for the course. A court order is needed only if you want a reduced fee because a Bexar County judge is requiring you to take the course. There is no discount for taking the course without such or order, of if your order is from a judge in a county other than Bexar.
- I want the discount. What else do I need to do, other than send you the completed registration forms? - If you have a court order signed by a Bexar County judge that requires you to attend the course, obtain a copy of that order and email it to us, along with your registration paperwork. Please do not send draft orders (those that contain no judge's signature).
- We will also accept a copy of the Judge's Notes from that hearing or a certified copy of the transcript of that ruling, if you do not have orders yet.
- If you are requesting a reduced fee because you earn less than $40,000 per year before taxes, please email PDF version of a copy of proof of recent income (pay stub, for example).
- Then what? - Once we have received these documents, we will respond with information about your fee and how to pay the cost of registration, if any. After you have successfully provided all the documents and made your registration payment, we will confirm your enrollment via an email
- How much does the course cost? - That depends. If you are taking the class voluntarily or by court order from a judge outside of Bexar county, your cost will be $75 for registration, then $35 for each of the eight classes. Most people pay weekly.
- If you qualify for the discounted fee, your cost will depend on your own gross (pre-deduction) annual income. You can see the sliding scale fee by clicking here.
- Our staff will work with you to determine your fee.